Monday, February 20, 2012

The Portland skyline











There's a great restaurant in South Portland called the Saltwater Grille. The restaurant also has one of the best views of the Portland skyline from the water side. We were over for dinner back in January, and I snapped a few pic's. Didn't like any of them. I've been back three times in the hope of creating the masterpiece. So far, Zero, goose egg, nada. It's a real struggle to deal with the cold (this time of year) and the weather. The first night I shot, there was good cloud cover, made it interesting. This twilight shot is OK, but it doesn't jump out. I am getting to know the bartender and the waitstaff. Nice people. They seem to tolerate my gear, the massive tripod, the camera and lenses. I'm trying not to annoy them. I did offer a finished print, should they like one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment